The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work?
The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed. All features are chosen randomly to be the feature. They are not chosen by content or name.
This week’s question: What are your blogger resolutions?
I posted this list last week on New Year’s, but here it is again!
1. I will not buy new books. Only exception is sequels I have been waiting months or years for. I know there are a few of those coming out in 2014. But other than that, I MUST read the books I already have.
2. Spend more time in the book blog community. I haven’t done enough of this in the past few months. I love reading other blogs, and I just haven’t had time this past semester. So I’m going to make time for that in the coming months.
3. Learn to say NO to review requests or tours that really don’t interest me. Being a new blogger, I said yes to just about everything that came my way. This resulted in a loss of interest in reading since I had books I wasn’t really interested in, and I have a pile of review requests right now that is looming over me (I’m sure I will like many of them, but I’ve been kind of burned recently, and I’m wary of wading into said pile). My biggest piece of advice for new book bloggers- only agree to read things you are truly interested in and have no qualms about. You’ll thank me later.
4. Find and participate in more weekly memes. I really love these, but have never truly gotten into them myself. I feel like its another good way to create and enjoy the blogging community. If you have a favorite PLEASE post in the comments. There are quite a few out there, and I’m sure which ones to join.
5. Keep up with NetGalley. I have a disgusting amount of unread books on my NetGalley shelf. I’m surprised it hasn’t forced me out and barred the door. I would really like to get to the place where I can easily keep up with reviewing the amount of books I have on my shelf.
6. Watch and review at least one Indie movie a month. So few people see these movies, and I love seeing and reviewing them, especially since there are so many on Netflix.
7. Participate in the Good Reads reading challenges. No explanation needed. I’m thinking between 50-100 books. Not sure exactly what number at this point. I think I read almost 50 books just since June, so closer to 100 probably.
8. Do giveaways to clean out my current shelf. I have lots of books on my shelf that I haven’t even looked at in a year or two. I’ll be moving to my own place soon (hopefully very quickly after I graduate) and will need space for my new books. This means lots of good giveaways for you guys (series such as Kagawa’s “The Iron Fey”, books from “Hush, Hush” series, James Patterson’s “Maximum Ride”). So lots of fun and exciting giveaways to look forward to!
9. Schedule posts much more in advance. I do a lot of this, but there are moments where I have time, and I think, I should really knock out this weeks posts, but then I get lazy and watch Netflix instead. Scheduling posts is way less stressful, so I’m hoping to make this a habit in the new year.
10. Come up with a new/unique/interesting rating system. The stars just aren’t doing it for me.
Leave your FF link in the comments so I can check out your resolutions! And anyone who followed me last week, THANK YOU. I will be continuing to respond to those comments this weekend!